Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lindsay Wildlife Museum Volunteer Service

The Lindasy Wildlife Museum has tons of different species that live inside the exhibit and sometimes it's too much work for all the employees. This forces them to rely on the 500+ volunteers that volunteer each year, For my senior community service project, I decided I wanted to volunteer somewhere I actually took passion in and would enjoy doing. At first, it was hard to think of a place but then my friend told me about the Lindsay Wildlife Museum. As soon as I heard about this, I instantly knew that’s what I want to do. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve loved animals but could never own any because my mother is allergic to almost any animal you can think of besides fish. I figured, while I was helping out with the animals I would also be helping teach families and children about the animals and helping promote the beauty of wild life and all the different species that may live there. I hope I get to work with some of the animals but if not, I’ll still feel accomplished to know that I helped the Wildlife Museum as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment