Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shelter Inc.

My mom told me about this organization one time that is set up for under-privileged
children. It’s pretty much like a day car that feeds them, plays with them, takes them on field trips, and takes great care of them for free. One of their offices is located in Martinez which is where all the office work is done such sorting donations, creating flyers for events, etc. Their other office(the day care center) is located in Concord. I think little children can be fun and funny and I also love helping out underprivileged people so I decided I might as well give it a shot. The first time I went, I volunteered at the day care in Concord. There were many children from ages 2-8. They were all very nice as well as the staff there. I enjoyed helping out and playing with the kids so I decided it would be a good idea to help out Shelter Inc. more so I volunteered again. After a few weeks of switching back and forth between the Martinez office and the Concord office, I had contributed over 30 hours to the organization. I felt very accomplished for helping these children out and plan on serving many more hours at Shelter Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment